Full-Stack Developer - University Co-Op Student
We like to call Signiant one of Ottawa's best-kept secrets in the technology sector!
You already know our customers. They are brand-name, internationally recognized leaders in media and entertainment, including:
- TV Broadcast: A+E, BBC, Discovery, Fox, NBC
- Web, Mobile & OTT: Apple iTunes, Rogers Anyplace TV, Netflix
- Studios & Production: 20th Century Fox, Disney, Marvel, NBC Universal
- Media Services: BT Media & Broadcast, Deluxe Digital Studios, Technicolor
- Sports: ESPN, NBC Olympics, NFL Network, NHL
- Game Publishing: Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, Xbox
Signiant is growing and we need motivated, innovative and passionate co-op students who want to play a significant role in building a better Signiant.
Signiant provides mission critical products to leading companies in the Media and Entertainment industry. We are looking for a co-op student that would be focused on Agile story work within a full-stack development team. You aren’t given special “student” tasks here at Signiant – you’ll be working on SaaS features and functionality that will be put into production for use by some of the biggest names in the Media and Entertainment industry. You’ll work in a fast-paced, modern agile development environment where we use the latest tools and technology, including software from the biggest cloud vendors in the industry.
- Work as a member of a team to define and architect product features
- Collaboratively develop product features while gaining experience in various languages and technologies
- Write unit and automated tests to ensure the correctness and quality of your code
- Build and deploy your code to production in a Cloud hosted environment
Technical Aspects of Working Environment
- Use Node.js and AWS services (including Dynamo DB) to build back-end services with a focus on micro-service architecture.
- Build front-end interfaces using the latest tools and technologies - React and Material UI.
- Integrate with various cloud services such as AWS's DynamoDB, S3, Lambda and Step functions.
- Test and document with tools such as Swagger, Junit, Mocha, Percy
- Learn how to deploy tested code into AWS production environments, and how to set up proper monitoring for a world-class, scalable software solution.
Used today by more of the world's top broadcasters, studios, media service providers, sports networks and game developers, Signiant delivers intelligent software solutions that facilitate the movement of file-based media between systems, applications and users from pre-production content and mobile news to finished-format movies, trailers and TV episodics.
Headquartered in the U.S with offices and partners worldwide, Signiant is the company with the technology, people and industry experience trusted for fast, secure and managed media movement.
This co-op position is available in Ottawa (Kanata), Ontario.
Your application was submitted successfully.