This is your chance to be a part of a dynamic team supporting Signiant’s innovative products and working with some of the coolest companies in the world including Hollywood studios, broadcasters, sports leagues, streaming services, gaming companies and more. Most recently during the Tokyo 2020 games, Signiant’s intelligent file transfer software played a mission-critical role moving terabytes footage for NBC and our support team members were officially recognized in the credits.
With Signiant’s collaborative support model, you will be working and learning from members with over 20 years of product experience. You will have opportunities to lead technical projects, work on challenging technical problems, and deliver customized solutions to very unique customers. If you have a passion for solving problems, learning new technology, helping customers like Disney, Ubisoft, NHL, NFL, NBA, BBC, Viacom bring their content to life, we would love to speak with you!
Signiant is looking for ambitious team players to join our growing Technical Support team!
This is a customer facing role within a very collaborative environment where you will be responsible for managing and resolving challenging issues for Signiant customers. General duties will include troubleshooting and resolving technical support requests, onboarding new customers, and working with the engineering team to help with testing and implementing software fixes and patches.
- Responsible for providing technical solutions and responding to complex technical issues encountered by Signiant customers and field engineers
- Work closely with development teams to assist in developing patches, updates, and scripts to resolve customer issues.
- Reply to customer mission critical issues outside business hours
- Help onboard new customers by deploying the software and demonstrating features and use cases
- Act as point of escalation for difficult/advanced technical support issues
- Develop tools that will help in diagnosing, resolving, and triaging hard-to-get-at problems
- Creation and maintenance of knowledge-base articles for the customer support knowledge base.
Must Have Skills:
- A strong competency in technical problem solving with at least 5 years of proven work experience as a Technical Support Specialist in a software company working on critical production environments.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interface with both technical and non-technical individuals as needed
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
- Networking knowledge and troubleshooting experience.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts for support coverage including statutory holiday rotation.
Considered an Asset:
- Working knowledge of various cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure and GCP
- Working knowledge with web services such as SOAP and REST
- Basic experience with database administration.
- Working experience with packet capture and analysis tools such as WireShark
- Familiar with reading and/or writing simple code
- Signiant offers competitive salaries as well as benefits that start on your first day!
You know our customers. They are brand-name, internationally recognized leaders in Media and Entertainment:
- TV Broadcast: A+E, BBC, Discovery, Fox, NBC
- Web, Mobile & OTT: Apple iTunes, Rogers Anyplace TV
- Studios & Production: 20th Century Fox, Marvel, NBC Universal
- Media Services: BT Media & Broadcast, Deluxe Digital Studios, Technicolor
- Sports: ESPN, NBC Olympics, NFL Network, NHL
- Game Publishing: Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, Xbox